Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome!

For some time now, I've been fascinated by blogs and the glimpse into someone else's perspective and world that they provide.  As I've been refining my Google Reader, I've noticed two common threads in the blogs I read - I love blogs about fashion and food!

I'm a stay at home mother of two magical girls - at the time of this writing, my eldest daughter is 2.9 years old and my youngest is ten months old. I adore them and I am so grateful that I am able to spend each precious day with them.   I love staying home with them and really don't miss the daily grind of going into the office.

But I do miss the clothes.  In my former life, I worked as a teacher - but not in a school where October brought orange and black skeleton socks and December meant red and green sweaters.  Just outside of New York City, every day I walked into work and found fashion inspiration - my colleagues and students had style!  With teachers wearing fab polka dot skirts and students donning the latest trendy styles, I looked forward to going to work every day simply to see what people were wearing.

It's the one part of my former life that I miss.  As a stay at home mom, it's been only too easy for me to slip into a rut of wearing the same uninspired outfit day after day.  No more!  From time to time, I might post an occasional recipe or let you know about a wonderful book I've read, but mostly I've created this blog to help me maintain a sense of style - and hopefully to inspire you, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment